OM Foundation School is the English medium free school for the students of the urban slums of Noida. The school is run by a registered charitable trust, OM Foundation, registration no: 231660741, situated in the midst of Hoshiarpur village, Sector 51, Noida. The school was started in 2002 with just 20 students and now the strength has gone up to 282 students. The children of the OM Foundation School represent the poor families from the underprivileged society having their family income below Rs. 6000 (Around 100 $) per month, who are neither in position to afford the yearly school fee nor the cost of school uniforms and the requisite school items. Some of these children had never attended school while others had to drop out, as their parents could no longer afford to send them to a school because of financial hardships.
Children, Education, Women
List of items accepted as donations:
Books and Stationery materials. Education Sponsorship
Preferred time of drop-off:
8:00 AM to 2:00 PM
OM Foundation School , Gali no 2 , Village Hoshiarpur, Near Vrinda Gardens , Sector 51, Noida
• The school started its journey in the year 2002 with 20 Students and today the school is educating 312 students from Nursery to Xth standards.
• The student attrition rate of the school is below 3% since its inception.
• In the year 2005, school moved to its new nest in the midst of Hoshiarpur village, Noida in 1200 sq meters space with more classrooms and ample playing ground.
• Since inception, the school successfully added 30 students every year and extended one class every year.
• In these ten years, school has improved its teaching through its highly qualified teaching staff, better infrastructure and maximum exposure to the students.
• The students of OM Foundation School won prizes in the various curricular and co-curricular competitions organized in the city’s public school.
• Some of the students received scholarships from Hindustan Times for their academic excellences.
• Some of the students are receiving regular scholarships from Uttar Pradesh Basic Shiksha Board.
• The nutrition program and regular health check up made these students healthier in comparison to the other children in their own vicinity. This fact is based on various medical checkup camps organized by OM Foundation at the community level.
• Students of OM Foundation School won awards in debate, extempore and group dance in SEWA Bharat Inter School competition in Oct 2012 and also out shown other schools in the quiz competition organized by HCL technologies beating seven other NGO schools of Delhi-NCR.
• Over the years, the school successfully conducted various corporate volunteering programs which helped the students in holistic grooming.